NATUROPATH – Sally Broadhurst
DISCOVER THE HEALING POWER OF NATUROPATHY:
Naturopathy is a long standing and ever-evolving modality that is centred around the the core belief that each body contains it’s own ability to heal itself, given the right support and circumstances. The integration of time-tested, traditional approaches and modern science allows a truly holistic experience of healing body, mind and spirit. The core principles of Naturopathic medicine are:
- The Healing Power of Nature – Trust in the body’s inherent wisdom to heal itself.
- Identify and Treat the Causes– Look beyond the symptoms to the underlying cause.
- First Do No Harm– Utilize the most natural, least invasive and least toxic therapies.
- Doctor as Teacher– Educate patients in the steps to achieving and maintaining health.
- Treat the Whole Person– View the body as an integrated whole in all its physical and spiritual dimensions.
- Prevention– Focus on overall health, wellness referral and disease prevention
WHAT DOES THE PROCESS INVOLVE:
- An initial consultation is the first step, where we review and discuss your past and current health, diet and lifestyle choices and events. I find out from you what your goals are so I can make the best recommendations for you.
- From there, I will outline a plan of treatment and discuss any potential testing that could be beneficial, as well as prescribing initial supplements (if required) and giving you some light homework – usually in the form of dietary assessment and beneficial additions or omissions that can aid in giving you some immediate relief or support.
- If no testing is required, we meet for a standard follow up to review your treatment plan and get feedback on your progress from my initial recommendations. If we do testing – once test results are back, we meet for an extended follow up to discuss the results, as well as go over the individualised treatment plan that I’ve written specifically for you, to meet the health goals you defined in your first appointment.
- From here we arrange a plan of regular appointments (weekly, fortnightly or monthly) depending on how closely you need to be supported, severity of symptoms, etc. At each appointment we review your progress, discuss any current or potential roadblocks or challenges and move forward through your treatment plan until your goals are met.
- Finally, once your treatment is completed, you have the joy of continuing on the road to wellness with renewed energy, positivity and wellbeing!
Sally’s journey back to health started in 2006 when she began studying for her Bachelor of Health Science majoring in Naturopathy. Since then, her love for all things whole food and herbal has blossomed into a lifelong commitment to natural health and healing. Sally is passionate about her role as a Naturopath and is constantly researching and learning new ways to educate and empower her clients to develop successful outcomes through their consultations. Now as a mother of 2 young children, her passion continues to grow to ensure the next generation benefit from the paradigm of holistic health care.
Sally’s goal as your Naturopath is to help you find balance in all areas of your life for overall great health and wellbeing. Through the consultation process, Sally is dedicated to helping you find the answers you need to discover the potential of your health. Her interactive and individualized approach allows you to be actively involved in your treatment process. Sally’s focus is to help you discover and achieve your health goals using an integrative combination of nutritional medicine, food coaching, herbal medicine, mind-body medicine techniques and diagnostic tools and testing. Her caring approach focuses on listening to your needs, prioritizing your health goals, and helping you find the path that is the best fit for you and your lifestyle.
Sally can help you with:
- Women’s health – in particular endometriosis, PMS, PCOS and menstrual disorders
- Preconception, Fertility and Pregnancy care
- Digestive imbalances – IBS, indigestion, constipation, parasite infection, Crohn’s disease, IBD
- Stress, anxiety and depression
- Energy boosting and Adrenal fatigue
- Poor immune system function
- Infant and children’s health
- Food allergies/ intolerances/ FODMAPS diets
- Skin problems – acne, eczema, dermatitis, rosacea, psoriasis
- Functional Pathology Testing, food allergy testing, saliva Hormone testing, stool testing for parasites
Consultation times: Monday 9am-7pm, Saturdays 9am-1pm
Phone consult: (07) 3870 4925
email contact: [email protected]